We're celebrating Ireland Reads 2024 by asking you to "Get Lost in a Good Book". This February 24th is Irelands Read Day, a national celebration of reading. We'll be marking the day with a host of events and activities.
- Babies and Toddlers prove that you're never too young to enjoy a book every week at Mullingar Library's Baby Book Club and Toddler storytime. Why not join in, every Friday morning at 10am
For Ireland Reads they'll be meeting on 9th Feb, 16th Feb, and 23rd Feb. All are welcome and no booking is needed.
- Come along to Mullingar Library for an evening of reading appreciation on February 13th from 6pm to 7:30pm, to celebrate Ireland Reads. We are delighted to have Inklings Mullingar Writers Group here to share their love of reading with us all. All are welcome and no booking is required.
- On 15th February at 11.30am everyone is invited to Moate Library for a Storytime and Craft session. No need to book, just drop in and enjoy the fun.
- Not sure why to read? Why not attend our Book Clinic in Moate Library on 16th February and we'll see what we can find for you. No booking needed, simply call in between 10am to 12pm
- See the awesome Niall de Búrca, spinner of stories and weaver of words, in Mullingar Library on Saturday 24th February at 10.30am to celebrate Ireland Reads. This is a family-friendly event, so all ages are welcome and booking is required.
If you need some inspiration to help you to Get Lost in a Book why not see what our Reading Ambassadors recommend. We'll be adding new recommendations between the 13th and 24th February 2024.